HELP! Backache while driving Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Horse driving trials forum » Small ponies » HELP! Backache while driving « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sue Bushell
Username: Sue_bushell

Post Number: 12
Posted on Friday, 3 August, 2012 - 1:57 am:   

Hi Dawn
I presume your carriage is a 2 wheeler,it may not be balanced properly, so will jolt you when trotting. A wedge cushion usualy helps set you up better and might help, and as the others say, make sure you have enough leg room, the wedge will help that a bit. Or just get a appiontment with a McTimony Chiropractor!

Sioux Gardner
Username: Siouxgardner

Post Number: 4
Posted on Monday, 16 July, 2012 - 9:17 pm:   

Hi Dawn,

having had a lot of trouble with my back in the past, I am only too aware of people saying...you want to do this...because it woked for me.

that said - find what does work for you!

what worked for me (and might not for you..) was that I found my pelvis was actually out of line and when I sat down, it put pressure on my spine.

where are you based? my shiatsu practitioner is based in the midlands and is a wonder

let me know if you want her contact details
siouxgardner@hotmail.com

Ruth Auton
Username: Rauton

Post Number: 24
Posted on Monday, 25 June, 2012 - 2:46 pm:   

Dawn, it may because you are [? sub-consiously ] balancing the carriage with your body weight. are you sitting with your legs out infront of you and putting weight thru' your legs? do you have enough leg room [not folding your legs under yourself]? ask someone to watch you or film you from the ground so you can see what your position is like - even better if they are a Physio or such like.

Janet Sycamore
Username: Janets

Post Number: 5
Posted on Sunday, 24 June, 2012 - 9:08 pm:   

Hi Dawn ... I suffer from back ache too in general & not just driving .. I think it is because I spend so much time on my knees & bending over doing things with mini shetlands ! when I am most bothered with it I wear a neoprene sport back support under my sweatshirt & can drive over rough terrain & at speed with no pain may be worth a try if you don't have one already

Dawn Figg
Username: Seren

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, 24 June, 2012 - 8:20 pm:   

I took up driving last year and usually drive two or three times a week for 1 to 2 hours at a time. Recently I have started getting backache after 15 to 20 minutes driving. I have tried checking I am sitting up not leaning forward (bad habit as I am a former rider and like to feel near the pony!). I have an exercise carriage with a bench seat and vinyl cushion. Could anyone suggest anything I could alter to hopefully get rid of the backache? The backache is not aggravated by driving off road but seems worse the more trot work we do.

Add Your Message Here
Welcome to hdt forum. Not registered yet? To register to post, please click here. If you've forgotten your details, please click here to reset, or email mikew@hdtforum.co.uk if stuck.

Only registered users and moderators may post messages here. While you're waiting for a username or if you're really only visiting, you can post For Sale/Wanted or Announcements only by entering username New password Pony. Please include your real name in the message.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration