Help needed choosing a harness for mi... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Horse driving trials forum » Small ponies » Help needed choosing a harness for mini shetland please? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Username: New

Post Number: 360
Posted on Monday, 20 August, 2012 - 10:54 pm:   

i have a set of single small shetland zilco its very nice like new and you cant buy it any more, used it on my 36in shetland it does go smaller
julie wedgbury

Louise Green
Username: Louise_green

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, 4 March, 2012 - 5:29 pm:   

I drive my 32" mini single in a Plas Equestrian starter harness, which has roco buckles so you can make very small adjustments to the harness and it's webbing so it is soft and supple. They also do very nice synthetic set called intro which is rubber sealed webbing. Robinsons equestrian have some of this in their sale at the moment for about 205, the small pony was far too small for my 11'2 so I wonder if it would be small enough for your mini, alternatively phone plas and give them your measurements and they will send you out a set to fit and are really helpful. My pair are driven in a Hartland synthetic set and although it fits nicely now it took a lot of time effort and fighting to get it the right size for mini's, but it is nice to drive in now. Hope this helps, and enjoy your mini.

Jane Smith
Username: Smithies

Post Number: 13
Posted on Sunday, 4 March, 2012 - 1:10 pm:   

I seem to think that Zilco are now doing a small SL from this year. Might be wrong...

Jackie Ellis
Username: Jackieellis

Post Number: 33
Posted on Sunday, 4 March, 2012 - 9:48 am:   

You could have a synthetic set made to order by Tabe, his harness is second to none! & will last yr Mini a lifetime. The added bonus with a Tabe set over a Zilco set is that it is smart enough to use for show (exercise) or Dressage/Cones as well. Have a look at tabeharnessmaker.co.uk Good Luck with your Pony

Username: New

Post Number: 272
Posted on Saturday, 3 March, 2012 - 9:27 pm:   

Hello everyone,
Would really appreciate your opinions and experiences with harnesses for miniature shetlands. I have a 32" mini who i plan to drive, I currently have an indian leather harness that I am using to introduce him to the basics of long reining etc in and he is taking it all in his tiny little stride. However I want to buy him another harness now to complete the task of breaking him to drive and hopefully have many years of pleasure with. I would prefer to buy a synthetic harness, but notice the tedex an zilco don't go small enough. So has anyone got any suggestions?? I don't know anyone else with any experience of mini sized harnesses so could really do with your help, don't want to end up buying something that isn't suitable. Many thanks xxx

Add Your Message Here
Welcome to hdt forum. Not registered yet? To register to post, please click here. If you've forgotten your details, please click here to reset, or email mikew@hdtforum.co.uk if stuck.

Only registered users and moderators may post messages here. While you're waiting for a username or if you're really only visiting, you can post For Sale/Wanted or Announcements only by entering username New password Pony. Please include your real name in the message.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration