Problem getting harness to fit shetland Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Horse driving trials forum » Small ponies » Problem getting harness to fit shetland « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Alvin S
Username: Alvin

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, 8 July, 2015 - 4:21 am:   

I find weatherbeeta rugs a bit too big on my pony, so tend to need a size smaller than usual. Horseware/Harrison Howard and Bucas rugs fit ok, and HH is cheap. Holp this helps.

Sharon Holt
Username: Sharonaholt

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, 6 March, 2012 - 10:37 am:   

Thanks for all your help people. I have now found a pony harness which just needs a couple of extra holes added to reduce the lengths.

Frances Collings
Username: Victory

Post Number: 23
Posted on Thursday, 23 February, 2012 - 8:23 pm:   

Hi
Where do you come from? Give us a ring at 'Jack in a Box' and we can talk you through the options for Zilco and Tedex Harness for shetland ponies 01424 756021 Ian and Frances Collings

Tara Hill
Username: Tarahill

Posted on Wednesday, 22 February, 2012 - 9:17 pm:   

Hi Sharon,

I get my harness for my Shetlands from Kim at Chandelles Saddlery www.chandellessaddlery.co.uk . She has a Zilco measurement chart on her front page and as long as you complete it and get it through to her, she will ensure that the harness will fit your pony!

Sharon Holt

Post Number: 3
Posted on Sunday, 19 February, 2012 - 9:08 pm:   

Thanks Jane, Will take a look

Janet Sycamore
Username: Janets

Posted on Sunday, 19 February, 2012 - 5:20 pm:   

Hi Sharon .. I get my harness from www.plasequestrian.co.uk They have a good range of affordable & good quality harness & also do a made to measure in house harness called the Intro harness It is synthetic with waffle weave padding on the breast collar & breeching I use it all the time & my ponies give it a busy life It wears well & stands up to the punishment of HDT& Scurry as well as everyday driving Have a look at their website I am sure you will find something suitable there Good Luck Janet Sycamore

Sharon Holt

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, 19 February, 2012 - 11:46 am:   

I am having a problem finding a cheap, webbing harness for my 10.2hh shetland/cross. The shetland sized harness is far too small and some of the pony harness is fine but not all. If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear from you. I am a first time hopefully would be carriage driver, assuming I can find harness to fit my pony and both him and me like driving!!!!

Add Your Message Here
Welcome to hdt forum. Not registered yet? To register to post, please click here. If you've forgotten your details, please click here to reset, or email mikew@hdtforum.co.uk if stuck.

Only registered users and moderators may post messages here. While you're waiting for a username or if you're really only visiting, you can post For Sale/Wanted or Announcements only by entering username New password Pony. Please include your real name in the message.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration