Small pony singles Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Horse driving trials forum » Small ponies » Small pony singles « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

kerry slack
Username: Kerryslack

Post Number: 6
Posted on Monday, 6 February, 2012 - 8:21 pm:   

Thank you Tabitha. I was just looking into fitenning programme. I know hunters, driving ponies is very new to me. But I had thought of adding the extra weight, esp as I dont have a groom at hand to come out on every drive.

Tabitha King
Username: Tabitha

Post Number: 6
Posted on Monday, 6 February, 2012 - 6:55 pm:   

Hi, I drive welsh A's at outdoor competitions and have never found them too small, mine range from 10.3hh to 12hh, and I find that if they have the spark and the willingness then they will take you round a full marathon course as good as any big horse. The walk section will always be a challenge but with practise it is possible to get the time. They just have to be incredibly fit, I tend to train with a little extra weight on my carriage and have a proper fitness programme in place to build them up. Good luck.

Tabitha King

kerry slack
Username: Kerryslack

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, 6 February, 2012 - 9:22 am:   

Hi all, Im new to this game. I have just finished breaking my 11.1hh sec a to drive. He is going brilliantly and loving every minute. I would like to build up to doing some driving trials with him. I have every faith that he could do indoor, but would he be able to cope with outdoor? Is there anyone out there who currently competes a small sec a successfully and could possibly give me some advice. Obviously, what I'm concerned about is him being able to cope with a myself and a groom.
Many thanks

Add Your Message Here
Welcome to hdt forum. Not registered yet? To register to post, please click here. If you've forgotten your details, please click here to reset, or email mikew@hdtforum.co.uk if stuck.

Only registered users and moderators may post messages here. While you're waiting for a username or if you're really only visiting, you can post For Sale/Wanted or Announcements only by entering username New password Pony. Please include your real name in the message.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration