What type of transport Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Horse driving trials forum » Small ponies » What type of transport « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Christine Berrie
Posted on Tuesday, 22 April, 2008 - 10:07 am:   

Thanks everyone. I was thinking about going along the extension route but now I might have a look at the different trailers when I'm at shows this summer. Hubby seems to prefer the idea of a bigger trailer, and as he's the one doing the driving......

Jane Pritchard
Posted on Monday, 21 April, 2008 - 9:08 pm:   

I have a pegasus trailer 13ft day living but especially made without the living, my older fenix flyer rolls up the front ramp and I can carry up to 2 13.2hh ponies in the back, and the padding folds into 2 bunk beds when the ponies are out!

Before this I had a Ifor hb510 which I lifted the carriage in the back and the 13.2hh pony loaded up the front ramp and travelled in the front.

Steph Richards
Posted on Thursday, 17 April, 2008 - 1:50 pm:   

we faced a similar issue, but we ended up with a three horse trailer, which fitted both a hartland four wheeler, and a larger pony, the carriage fitted into the horse section and the pony then stood in the front the weight being evenly distrubuted.
We can recommend a decent trailer dealer if you e-mail us, who also made a fiting for inside the traler when we use to transport a 2 wheeler.

Fiona Powell
Posted on Wednesday, 16 April, 2008 - 3:12 pm:   

Christine, there were a couple of features on trailers and transport for carriage drivers in In Harness magazine last year. Send me your email address and I'll email you the pages, if you are interested in some alternative solutions?
fiona@inharness.co.uk

Christine Berrie
Posted on Wednesday, 9 April, 2008 - 8:32 am:   

Thank you both for that, I will take a look. Well done Liz at the London harness horse parade, that's a great result!

Liz Howe
Posted on Tuesday, 8 April, 2008 - 6:02 pm:   

See Stephen Pond's website www.take-the-reins.co.uk and look under trailer extensions. There is a picture of a 4 wheel carriage on a special extension to give you an idea. All the details are there too, phone, email addresses etc.

Alan Hodges
Posted on Tuesday, 8 April, 2008 - 5:20 pm:   

You could put a carriage deck on the front of your trailer. Hillam used to do a kit and might still do so, otherwise almost any agricultural engineer should be able make something up. Don't forget to balance the weight, a 25lt plastic container full of water mounted just behind the trailer wheels on both sides should do. Good luck
Alan

Christine Berrie
Posted on Tuesday, 8 April, 2008 - 10:37 am:   

At the moment I have an Ifor Williams 505 trailer so I can either transport the ponies or my 4 wheel driving vehicle which is obviously no good as I need both. I'm not quite sure I can afford a wagon so has anyone got any suggestions on a different type of trailer that might do the job.

Add Your Message Here
Welcome to hdt forum. Not registered yet? To register to post, please click here. If you've forgotten your details, please click here to reset, or email mikew@hdtforum.co.uk if stuck.

Only registered users and moderators may post messages here. While you're waiting for a username or if you're really only visiting, you can post For Sale/Wanted or Announcements only by entering username New password Pony. Please include your real name in the message.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration