Shetlands can! Small ponies wanted fo... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Horse driving trials forum » Small ponies » Shetlands can! Small ponies wanted for hdt fun! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rita Bundock
Username: Roanmare

Post Number: 10
Posted on Thursday, 15 September, 2011 - 10:00 pm:   

Shetlands can and do. They are fantastic fun. Most people think they are hairy fat lumps, no good for anything.
THEY ARE WRONG, as Mike has proven.

Not only are they good driving ponies, they jump as well. A real sight, see them at Hichstead coming down the bank, no not the Derby bank but the small bank in the second ring which is just the same as 16hands coming down the big one, quite a feat especially for the little riders.

Shetlands are easy doers, cheap to keep and all the fun of bigger ponies. There are loads of them out there looking for homes. All ages - colours - mares-geldings and stallions, just waiting to show the world that a Shetland can do anything.

Just visit www.shetland-pony.com follow the link to latest news and for sale.

You will be amazed.

Linda Rose
Username: Lindarose

Post Number: 13
Posted on Wednesday, 14 September, 2011 - 9:29 pm:   

Thank you for your kind comments. We are over the moon with them. Brownie, the dun, is 10hh and Pumpkin, the bay, is 11hh. Quite a big difference, but it doesn't seem to worry them - Brownie definitely grows when he is in harness! Do let me know if you would like to know any more about them. My email is lindarose234@gmail.com

Username: New

Post Number: 187
Posted on Wednesday, 14 September, 2011 - 3:47 pm:   

Wow, what an achievement. Well done Michael!
I would love to know how big these Shetlands are if anybody knows.
If I ever get asked again "what good or use are they" about my Shetlands I will show them this.
Janette

Fiona Powell
Username: Fionap

Post Number: 74
Posted on Monday, 12 September, 2011 - 1:54 pm:   

Yessss, Michael Hodgson's Shetlands - Reserve National Champion Open Pony Pairs!

Where will you and your Shetlands/small ponies be this time in 2012?

Michael Hodgson's Shetlands

Add Your Message Here
Welcome to hdt forum. Not registered yet? To register to post, please click here. If you've forgotten your details, please click here to reset, or email mikew@hdtforum.co.uk if stuck.

Only registered users and moderators may post messages here. While you're waiting for a username or if you're really only visiting, you can post For Sale/Wanted or Announcements only by entering username New password Pony. Please include your real name in the message.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration