Minis Performance show Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Horse driving trials forum » Small ponies » Minis Performance show « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Christine Berrie
Posted on Monday, 14 April, 2008 - 9:10 am:   

I have to say I'm quite jealous myself, I wish there was more interest up north! have a great time everyone.

Lell Wilkinson
Posted on Sunday, 13 April, 2008 - 5:38 pm:   

what a fantastic site !!
thanks for that Joanna but unfortunately to far for me to travel as i am in york area

but im sure it will be a fab day for everyone that do's go i'm jealous (lol)

but keep us updated wont you

Joanna Bassett
Posted on Sunday, 13 April, 2008 - 2:36 pm:   

oops, www.shadelstud.com sorry!
Its in Weyhill near Andover in Hampshire.
they just have two drivnig classes at this show, but lots of in hand stuff

Lell Wilkinson
Posted on Saturday, 12 April, 2008 - 9:27 pm:   

thanks for that Joanna but the link dont work unless its my computer ?
so where abouts is it Joanna that the show is been held
sorry to be a nuisance (lol)

Joanna Bassett
Posted on Friday, 11 April, 2008 - 8:11 pm:   

www.shadelstud.co.uk is their website, its the 18th May, its really fun, my shetlands are coming back unless theyre loaned out again i will probably be showing mine there

Lell Wilkinson
Posted on Saturday, 5 April, 2008 - 6:29 pm:   

Keep us posted wont you Joanna!!
where abouts is the next show ?

i keep watching for updates all the time now on this subject as i know a few peeps with shetlands that hate the fact of grooms on their turn outs because of the size of the pony, even though they are capable of pulling a lot!!

they keep nagging me now for any further info on the subject (lol) will be waiting!!!!!

Joanna Bassett
Posted on Saturday, 5 April, 2008 - 12:32 pm:   

I'll probs go to have a look at their may show next month, might see if i can find a shetland to show, so will ask if they are still thinking about it and tell them everyone thnks its a fabulous idea

Lell Wilkinson
Posted on Monday, 24 March, 2008 - 12:10 pm:   

Think its a fantastic idea!!

and even better with no groom

Fiona Powell
Posted on Thursday, 3 January, 2008 - 6:34 pm:   

Tanya Larrigan does displays including minis, a sort of musical long-reining in her show of about 8 ponies, I think, see www.themagicofthehorse.com
They walk, trot and canter about - looks very pretty!

Faye Taylor
Posted on Wednesday, 2 January, 2008 - 11:18 pm:   

Bit of driving, we've had alot of fun doing TREC type competitions in the carriage, or a handy pony type thing in carriage, In hand show jumping. Best Trick, Mane and Tail, best six legs,coloureds,Young handler, veteran pony and veteran Handler (combined age of pony/handler), Ridden handy pony/gymkhana. Best Turned out with the emphasis being on the cleanliness of the turnout and NOT the amount of money spent on a super duper show carriage and harness.Long reining competition/dressage (walk and trot test)any showing.

Joanna Bassett
Posted on Tuesday, 11 December, 2007 - 7:08 pm:   

does anyone have any ideas for what sort of things they'd like to see? Im not personally organising it, so i cant promise anything, but i could put some ideas forward...

Ian Govier
Posted on Tuesday, 11 December, 2007 - 12:44 am:   

I would be interested in taking part with my pair too. keep me posted.

Ian

Faye Taylor
Posted on Friday, 7 December, 2007 - 10:43 pm:   

I'm interested and would be willing to help organise. Although i may be a fair distance away. I drive a mini team, they also do show jumping (pepsi has two jumping trophy's, he jumped ((6inch ahh)) with a diddy jockey lead rein and beat off 30 other ponies he was the smallest in the class at 36 inces) and gymkhna events. Max has had a gymkhana trophy in the past also. really want to get have a show/weekend just to show what the little people can do.

Clare Brown
Posted on Friday, 7 December, 2007 - 9:42 pm:   

Hi,
Think the show for little ponies is great idea you can count my little man in. Great way to meet other small pony drivers.

Joanna Bassett
Posted on Thursday, 6 December, 2007 - 6:18 pm:   

I tihnk they were saying they hoped there would be showing classes, like a pleasure driving class and stuff like that, but mainly to show off the minis talents, in all spheres.
They also asked me to possibly do a demonstraion either then, or at one of their shows next year(im not sure which yet) with a little dressage test, some cones and an obstacle or two.
They mgiht try and get someone who drives shetlands a lot, in the trials, to do a talk or something
They just asked me to see if anyone would be interested, and i figured this would be the easiest way!
Their website is www.shadelstud.com

LizH
Posted on Thursday, 6 December, 2007 - 5:51 pm:   

I think that's a brilliant idea, I believe I know the people at Andover - been to their shows several times, they are super.
Andover is about 21/2 hours drive for me in the lorry - that is no problem - I'd love to come along. Would you have some showing classes as well?

JanetSycamore
Posted on Wednesday, 5 December, 2007 - 10:33 pm:   

This sounds like it could be the start of a great annual event for us all it's just what we need for the little ones to have a chance to show off their many talents & for us owners to gather together & talk about minis all day !! You can count us in !! Janet & The Mighty Minis

Joanna Bassett
Posted on Wednesday, 5 December, 2007 - 6:34 pm:   

It just some friends thinking of holding something once a year i think, in the Andover area of hampshire, they have a miniature horse stud.
They also have shows twice a year which are qualifiers for MHOYS and royal london show, but they only have one driving class there.
Its all very early planning, they've been taking us to our trials this yearand think it would be a good idea, given how most of the little ponies dont have much chance against the bigger ones no matter how hard they try!
Jo

Linda Rose
Posted on Wednesday, 5 December, 2007 - 6:16 pm:   

Thanks for setting up the forum for 'the vertically challenged'!
Show sounds good - we have 2 candidates. But are you thinking local or national? Distance will be a factor for us - although we are fairly intrepid.

Alan Hodges
Posted on Wednesday, 5 December, 2007 - 5:46 pm:   

Lovely Idea Jo. We would certainly be interested, just so long as the trip is not of epic proportions.
Where would the venue be?
Alan

Joanna Bassett
Posted on Wednesday, 5 December, 2007 - 5:24 pm:   

Some friends of ours are thinking of possibly arrnaigng for a performance day for ponies 10'2 and under in 2009(by the time its all organised).
They plan to have dirving classes, perhaps dressage, cones, obstacles, mabye some inhand classes and in hand jumping etc...
It would also be so that you don't have to carry a groom, so it wouldnt be under BHDTA rules, or BDS rules.
would anybody be interested in this?
Jo

Add Your Message Here
Welcome to hdt forum. Not registered yet? To register to post, please click here. If you've forgotten your details, please click here to reset, or email mikew@hdtforum.co.uk if stuck.

Only registered users and moderators may post messages here. While you're waiting for a username or if you're really only visiting, you can post For Sale/Wanted or Announcements only by entering username New password Pony. Please include your real name in the message.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration