11.2 welsh A, what wieght can it pull Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Horse driving trials forum » Small ponies » 11.2 welsh A, what wieght can it pull « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Daniel Snow
Username: Snowd

Post Number: 54
Posted on Tuesday, 1 March, 2016 - 2:33 am:   

88+88+say 130 for a four wheeler is 306kg. Your pony weighs around 200kg so he is pushing 150% of his body weight.

If you want to do strenuous driving like an 8 obstacle marathon with big hills I would say he is close to, if not slightly above, his limit.

You would have to build him up gradually. We have driven section A's and they will do it but you have to watch that you are not overstretching them.

Anna Grace
Username: Anna_grace

Post Number: 5
Posted on Tuesday, 16 February, 2016 - 3:36 pm:   

Last year I competed my 11hh sec A,Sunny at National intermediate level. He stormed round the marathon, putting up some of the fastest times, and making all the section times and vet checks. With no small pony classes, he competed in single pony no problem. I spent a long time fittening him, building up distance and weight gradually. So in my opinion, yes, your pony should be fine with the weight, but do be sure the Trap is balanced if it is a two wheeler. Have fun!

Kerry saunders
Username: Kerrylouise

Post Number: 21
Posted on Tuesday, 26 January, 2016 - 5:56 pm:   

Hi, I have two sec a's (11.1 and 11.2) they pull a 136kg four wheeler with two adults, one is 9.5 stone, the other is 11/12 stone. They are strong animals. Fitten them up properly and you won't have any problems.

Username: New

Post Number: 947
Posted on Tuesday, 19 January, 2016 - 3:17 pm:   

Hi, I'm new to the forum, I'm hoping someone might be able to help with my question.
Does anyone know how much weight an 11.2 Welsh A driving pony can pull, would 2 adults in a trap be too much? Both weighing about 88kg, 5'4 and 5'11.

Add Your Message Here
Welcome to hdt forum. Not registered yet? To register to post, please click here. If you've forgotten your details, please click here to reset, or email mikew@hdtforum.co.uk if stuck.

Only registered users and moderators may post messages here. While you're waiting for a username or if you're really only visiting, you can post For Sale/Wanted or Announcements only by entering username New password Pony. Please include your real name in the message.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration