Hi, new and desperate to learn Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Horse driving trials forum » Small ponies » Hi, new and desperate to learn « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Fiona Powell
Posted on Tuesday, 11 August, 2009 - 2:16 pm:   

Hi, guest, have you looked at the BHDTA site for the nearest club to you? Phone the secretary and tell him/her what you want to do: you'll get some useful advice, I'm sure. Another source of advice is the BDS - www.britishdrivingsociety.co.uk - look up their list of LHHIs (instructors). The nearest might not be the one you prefer! I suggest, if you can, going to one or two qualified experienced instructors for a lesson on their schoolmaster pony as you'll be able to concentrate on your driving without worrying about your pony. You'll learn a lot from driving other ponies, too. Hope this helps!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Posted on Wednesday, 22 July, 2009 - 12:53 pm:   

Hi Everyone.

I am desperate to learn to drive. Wondered if anyone knew of any body that drives around Gloucestershire, I am based in Cheltenham but am willing to travel just to halp and see how it is done. I have a Beautiful Sec A, he has his first harnes and is long reining beautifully, i am taking him out on roads and across open fields in harness and he is 110% but we have come to a point where it is the blind leading the blind. Can anyone help please xxx

Add Your Message Here
Welcome to hdt forum. Not registered yet? To register to post, please click here. If you've forgotten your details, please click here to reset, or email mikew@hdtforum.co.uk if stuck.

Only registered users and moderators may post messages here. While you're waiting for a username or if you're really only visiting, you can post For Sale/Wanted or Announcements only by entering username New password Pony. Please include your real name in the message.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration