Ride and Drive classes Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Horse driving trials forum » Small ponies » Ride and Drive classes « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Posted on Saturday, 21 March, 2009 - 1:14 pm:   

The ride and drive class usually is the driven part first which is cones and an obstical (this will be judged on the speed you go) then straight after once everyone has un-harnessed and tack up is the ridden section, this is just like a normal ridden show, walk, trot and canter on both reins (some driving judges like a good gallop up the long side to finish) a rein back may be added, the judge will tell you what they want to see anyway, In the juniour whip its basically the same (no canter in carriage) usually its a figure of 8 in trot with a good square holt and rein back, dont forget coachman style driving and the whip signals in the ring, the groom should wear, jodpurs (beige) long boots, shirt, stock, gloves, black jacket (or depending what the turnout colour is) and either a bowler or velvet hard hat. im no expert in showing. hope this helps
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Posted on Thursday, 19 March, 2009 - 6:18 am:   

HI everyone, me again asking more questions! my daughter and her little shetland are going to be doing the ride and drive class at our area BDS show in June. I have never seen a ride and drive class and realise it is in 2 halves! I am assuming in the ride section she will need to do an individual show? If this is the case, what do they want to see, is it the same as an individual show in a ridden showing class. Do they want her to rein back once she has stopped? What paces do they want to see? Do they want to see any lateral work, (they can!!) She is also doing the junior whip class, will she do an individual show in that? If so what should that look like? should it contain canter and rein back? Also I know what Nadia should wear but what should my sister her groom wear? I have no idea about anything and want to get it right - please help!!! Many thanks Nicolette

Add Your Message Here
Welcome to hdt forum. Not registered yet? To register to post, please click here. If you've forgotten your details, please click here to reset, or email mikew@hdtforum.co.uk if stuck.

Only registered users and moderators may post messages here. While you're waiting for a username or if you're really only visiting, you can post For Sale/Wanted or Announcements only by entering username New password Pony. Please include your real name in the message.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration