Bennington B2 Carriage - Help Please ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Horse driving trials forum » General Chat » Bennington B2 Carriage - Help Please - Measuring the Wheels « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Fiona Powell
Username: Fionap

Post Number: 438
Posted on Thursday, 14 March, 2019 - 8:43 am:   

Lucy, I drove my 14.1hh pony in different carriages with different size wheels. As Martyn says, the wheel size isnít that critical...

What matters is that the carriage is well balanced, safe to use and, presuming that you might be wanting a three-phase carriage for driving trials, not too much over 145kgs.

If this is what you want to do, you need a rear axle that extends to give a rear track width (measured on the ground from the outside track of one wheel to the outside track of the other) of 138cms minimum for dressage and cones and is 125cms minimum for the marathon.

These are the critical numbers if you want to compete, I would suggest. Do post again if thereís something we havenít understood!

Martyn Willis
Username: Martynw

Post Number: 87
Posted on Friday, 8 March, 2019 - 11:47 am:   

The diameter can't be that critical.

Lucy Whitworth
Username: Loowitty

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, 18 February, 2019 - 2:55 pm:   

When measuring the wheels which are solid do you measure just the wheel or the outer rubber as well.

The reason I ask is I need 28" for my 14.1" cob and the carriage I am looking at is 28" if I measure just the wheel but 30" if I include the rubber outer.

Can anyone help please

Add Your Message Here
Welcome to hdt forum. Not registered yet? To register to post, please click here. If you've forgotten your details, please click here to reset, or email mikew@hdtforum.co.uk if stuck.

Only registered users and moderators may post messages here. While you're waiting for a username or if you're really only visiting, you can post For Sale/Wanted or Announcements only by entering username New password Pony. Please include your real name in the message.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration