Myler combination bit Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Horse driving trials forum » General Chat » Myler combination bit « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

BC Office
Username: British_carriagedriving

Post Number: 7
Posted on Thursday, 16 February, 2017 - 1:46 pm:   

The Rules Committee have considered and consulted about this issue and that the view of the committee is that the Myler Combination Bit is not permitted under our existing rule which prohibits the use of “bitless bridles or hackamores (even if combined with any kind of bits)".
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rita Bundock
Username: Roanmare

Post Number: 72
Posted on Thursday, 26 January, 2017 - 9:16 am:   

Can anyone tell me if a Myler combination bit is allowed at National events please?
If not, why not?
It is one of the kindest bits on the market, producing pressure on three points, nose, curb and mouth in equal measure. The bit mouthpiece being sweet iron.
Surely this kinder pressure is miles better than bottom bar slot on a 3-slot bit shank that could have any type of mouth piece.
Over the years, I have seen horses and ponies yanked about on bottom bar fixing, throwing their heads and pulling, of course they do that as they are in pain. Many of today’s drivers do not have the best of hands and rein handling or even realise the horse if hurting.

So again, I ask can this combination bit be used? Are the rules on bits and nosebands as laid down by BCd relevant for today’s driving horse/pony?

Add Your Message Here
Welcome to hdt forum. Not registered yet? To register to post, please click here. If you've forgotten your details, please click here to reset, or email mikew@hdtforum.co.uk if stuck.

Only registered users and moderators may post messages here. While you're waiting for a username or if you're really only visiting, you can post For Sale/Wanted or Announcements only by entering username New password Pony. Please include your real name in the message.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration