Members insurance Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Horse driving trials forum » General Chat » Members insurance « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

BC Office
Username: British_carriagedriving

Post Number: 5
Posted on Monday, 9 January, 2017 - 9:11 pm:   

It is entirely wrong to suggest that BC do not take this issue seriously. We keep our insurance arrangements under review on a rolling basis and have a lengthy meeting with our brokers every year to discuss the cover provided. In addition we had a second, separate meeting towards the end of last year at which we specifically discussed the issues raised in this post.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Smith
Username: Horses3

Post Number: 7
Posted on Thursday, 5 January, 2017 - 9:01 pm:   

If you have recently renewed your membership, you may have read the announcement about insurance cover for drivers and grooms. Sounds good but it is not comprehensive but could be and needs to be. Do you know that as a driver or groom, you have no cover for injury unless the injury is permanent. You also have no cover for loss of earnings. Judges, stewards and other helpers do get this cover. If your groom was off work for months after a driving accident whilst grooming for you, he or she would get no loss of pay. . . where does that put you as the driver? Could you afford to compensate them? Further more, the permanent injury cover is not comprehensive in its scope. Eyes, arms etc are covered but what about backs and heads? No cover!
I have asked BCD to review the inadequacies of the cover and have been told it would be too expensive. Individual cover, which they suggest, would be more expensive and would need to be taken out by the insured person. Fine of you have one groom all season and year after year but I know we do not! BCD must be persuaded to look again at this. Please help me apply pressure. I fear they have not taken the matter seriously and have not acted in our best interests. There is no doubt that insurance through membership is the only cost effective and practical route. if it can be acquired for stewards, it can be acquired for competitors.PLEASE COMPLAIN IT MAY EFFECT YOU.

Add Your Message Here
Welcome to hdt forum. Not registered yet? To register to post, please click here. If you've forgotten your details, please click here to reset, or email mikew@hdtforum.co.uk if stuck.

Only registered users and moderators may post messages here. While you're waiting for a username or if you're really only visiting, you can post For Sale/Wanted or Announcements only by entering username New password Pony. Please include your real name in the message.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration