Breaking pony to harness Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Horse driving trials forum » General Chat » Breaking pony to harness « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jenny harrington
Username: Jenwren

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, 22 June, 2016 - 12:13 pm:   

Many thanks Fiona I will see if I can go along to one of the local events.
I think I need to get a local instructor on board to get things started properly but thank you for all your advice.

Fiona Powell
Username: Fionap

Post Number: 396
Posted on Wednesday, 22 June, 2016 - 8:21 am:   

Hi, Jenny, why not get in touch with your local club, East Anglian Carriage Driving Group (www.eacdg.co.uk) and come along to an event, meet people and get some advice first hand?
There are several people I would recommend who can help you with getting your pony going and who can help you to do it properly or can do it for you.
If you haven't any harness or a vehicle, now is the time to take a good look round and decide what you like the look of and what fits your budget, too.
We are very friendly and you'll get lots of advice!
See our events schedule - we'll be at Sandringham 24-26 June and near Newmarket, 16-17 July. All free to watch.
P.s. 13.2 is a good size, just don't get a carriage weighing much over 140kgs if you wish to compete.

Jenny harrington
Username: Jenwren

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, 21 June, 2016 - 10:39 am:   

Hi, looking for some advice please - I have started long reining our 13.2hh pony with a view to driving her but have no harness or cart. I have limited knowledge gained from a few driving lessons some years ago & books, & am looking for a nearby instructor to help & guide me - we are based in Woodham Walter, Essex - any help or advice very gladly received.

Add Your Message Here
Welcome to hdt forum. Not registered yet? To register to post, please click here. If you've forgotten your details, please click here to reset, or email mikew@hdtforum.co.uk if stuck.

Only registered users and moderators may post messages here. While you're waiting for a username or if you're really only visiting, you can post For Sale/Wanted or Announcements only by entering username New password Pony. Please include your real name in the message.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration